Monday, October 13, 2008

Tomatoes and more Tomatoes


Mary Dee came home last weekend with 4 huge boxes of tomatoes. So we went to work. We made 6 batches of salsa and made the rest into stewed tomatoes and juice. I didn't count, but I have 3 full cupboards

Cami was such a trooper the whole day. She help grandma while I was at work, and then kept going after I got home. She sat and peeled tomatoes and filled bottles for 4 hours straight until she reminded me she needed to eat. After a short 20 min break, she was back to work peeling with her very own knife. She was so exhausted that night that she practically fell into bed. We did have to retire her shirt. The tomato juice just wouldn't come out.

Cara also had to be a big helper. She would gather the tomatoes from the box and bring them over to us. She of course took a bite of them most of the time before handing them over.








Mary Dee and Aubrey worked really hard. So hard that they wouldn't even look up for a picture.



CHIPS ANYONE!!!








3 comments:

Rebecca Fuller said...

I know how you feel. I am so tired of cleaning and re-cleaning my kitchen with all this canning. I put all the bottles away last week and the dehydraters are the only food preservation tools left out. They have been full of pears and apples non-stop. Good luck!!!

melissa and nathan said...

Jodi,
That is awesome. Canning has exhausted me this year! Too much applesauce for my own good. But, I have not attempted Salsa. I think that is the plan next year.
Your little girls are so cute!

Fuller Family said...

What a huge job! So...how much for a jar of salsa?