Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Up in the Night

I am up in the middle of the night. I have so much on my mind that I cannot sleep. Have you ever had that problem? I think I am having a I miss Cassadee moment. I keep thinking about her alot lately.

Here are some of my favorite things about her that I miss!

I miss going and playing with her on her Make a Wish Playground! She was so excited to get her very own curly slide.

I miss going camping with her. She was always so excited to do anything fun and away from the hospital.

I miss her strength and her constant reminder to choose the right. I was always amazed by her inner strength. She wouldn't move a muscle everytime they poked her with an IV. She always wanted to continue the fight. She gently reminded us of what was most important. She would tell me every time that we passed the temple that she was going to get married there some day. Then she would turn to me and say Mom, have you been to the temple lately? It still amazes me the amount of people she influenced for good. I still have people come up to me and thank me for allowing her to be a part of their lives.

It was always a challenge to try and find things to do at the hospital to occupy our time. She was so happy this day. She found all of the great big hospital syringes in her room and went out in the hall and squirted all of her favorite nurses. If you look really close, you can see her IV hanging out of her arm. She is actually getting chemo right when she is squirting. Most of the other kids were sick in bed during their chemo infusion, but not Cassadee!


I miss her people skills. This is during our trip to Disneyland. She went around and made all 42 people on our trip feel special. She let them know she was happy that they were there with her. I was always amazed at how many kids called to play with her. I can't tell you how many times I had to tell them that I was sorry, but she was too sick to play today.


Even though this picture makes me really sad, I like to look at it for a lot of reasons. I like this picture because it makes me remember how sick she really was. Even though she didn't act as sick as she should have, I know she was miserable a lot of the time. She had to endure more yucky stuff than anyone should be allowed. I can remember what we were thinking this day and the sadness in our eyes. I knew we were going to miss her alot, but I also knew that she was supposed to go and that she would be in a better place. I love that even in a coma, she is clutching onto her rose to give to Jesus when she meets him. I often wonder what that meeting was like. She was most excited for that moment. We talked about it often. I have to think that they are pretty good friends. I miss you Cassadee!


10 comments:

Teri Wadman said...

I miss you too!

Jill Emett said...

Jodi - What a beautiful tribute to a beautiful angel. I am sure there are days when you miss her so much it hurts. She will always have a special place in all of our hearts.

melissa and nathan said...

Jodi,
Thanks for sharing those pictures. I am choked up.She is special as is her mother! I needed to be reminded of how special our kids are. Thank you!

Rebecca Fuller said...

Oh My. I loved reading this. What great reminders. Thanks for the post.

Emilee Pierce said...

Some days are really hard, huh, Jod! It just stinks! It hurts a lot but it is fun to remember the good times and good things about Cassadee.

Holly said...

Thanks for letting me see a part of Cassadee's life. I wish I could have met her.

~Silly me said...

Wow Jod,
That was a total tearjerker. She WAS special. You're amazing.
~E.

Fuller Family said...

What a tear jerker! Thanks so much for posting and sharing your memories. We miss Cass. Every few weeks Shaersti will ask me a question about her (mostly ones I can't answer) and remind us all that she is in heaven and that we get to see her again someday. I love the pure, simple faith of children.

Colette said...

Thanks for sharing Jodi, what a special little girl. I'm glad you felt like writing these things down b/c your words help all of us.

Colette said...

Gosh Jody, this is a tearjerker. What a sweet daughter and life-changer. Thanks for posting these beautiful memories.

Oh, I just looked through the postings and saw that I read these before. But, that was a year ago and saw next year when I read this again. I will comment again and say how sweet this is.